Thursday, October 17, 2013

Q&A with Andreanna Buccheri for October's Plus 1 Solo Show Fest - Series B

This fall, Tongue in Cheek has selected 8 solo show artists to take part in its tenth Plus 1 Solo Show Festival, which runs Series A: October 20 & 21 followed by Series B: October 27 & 28.  For tickets and more, visit www.tictheater.com.

We recently interviewed Andreanna Buccheri, whose piece, Ballad of a Beauty Queen, will be featured in Series B in the festival, running October 27 & 28.  Read on, and then go grab your tickets!

What inspired you to write this piece?
This big hair is filled with secrets.
Whenever I meet someone, I feel like I have to "out" myself every time I have to reveal that I am actually a pageant girl. And then as people find out, the stream of questions and comment ensue.

I wanted to write this show to address what it's really like to be in our shoes- six inches with platforms and all- and denounce a lot of the misconceptions I often hear.

What might an audience member be surprised to learn about you?
A part about me that is not revealed in my piece is that I'm absolutely in love with my two German Shepherds, Gunnar and Tanner. They're huge dogs, but they're both very gentle and loving. I adore taking naps on the couch with them, especially during winter!

What are your goals for the piece after the Plus 1 Solo Show Festival?
After Plus 1, I would love to keep writing my show to expand it to be a full hour to an hour and a half, and keep performing it. It would be wonderful to bring it to the stage again!

Absolutely, Andreanna!  Here's to a great ballad of beauty queenery later this month!  
Series B of the Plus 1 Solo Show Festival runs Sunday, October 27 & Monday, October 28 at 8 pm 
@ The Bridge Theatre (244 West 54th Street, 12th Floor)
Tickets are $20 at http://www.smarttix.com/Show.aspx?ShowCode=SER11 or by calling 212-868-4444
Everything you ever wanted to know about the festival can be found at www.tictheater.com, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment