Wednesday, October 3, 2012

OUR TOWN Q&A with Kathryn Neville Browne


Over the coming weeks, we're blogging about the talented team assembled for OUR TOWN, running Oct. 17-27.  Get your tickets now and for more about the show, visit www.tictheater.com.

OUR TOWN Q&A with Kathryn Neville Browne* (playing Mrs. Webb, Emily's mother)

1. Of all the occupations in Grover's Corners, which one would you most like to attempt?

My first choice would be a veterinarian, even though it isn't mentioned directly.  Still, someone has to take care of Bessie!  Otherwise, I would like to try Editor Webb's job.  (Typical wife, thinks she can do everything better than her husband!)  I love writing and it would be fun and challenging to create and publish anecdotal stories about life in Grover's Corners. Make 'em laugh and make 'em cry... in a way, it's a lot like theater!

2. Of the four kids in the play, who do you resemble, and why?

Definitely Emily.  Smart, articulate, and with big dreams.  But I wasn't as confident as she is.

3. Which birthday would you like to re-live and why?

When I was 23, I celebrated my birthday in Paris.  I had lived there for a year, returned to New York for senior year, then came back for a month.  A former French boyfriend, Patrice, took me to a beautiful restaurant at the top of the Montparnasse Tower.  Since that is one of the ugliest buildings in Paris, and we were at the top, the view was spectacular!  Fabulous food in my favorite city with a charming companion, all that while speaking the language I love -- every year should be like that!

www.kathrynnevillebrowne.com
*Appears courtesy of Actors Equity Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment