Thursday, October 11, 2012

OUR TOWN Q&A with Nina Leese

Over the coming weeks, we're blogging about the talented team assembled for OUR TOWN, running Oct. 17-27.  Get your tickets now and for more about the show, visit www.tictheater.com.

OUR TOWN Q&A with Nina Leese (Mrs. Gibbs, George's mother)

Well, I have to say that I never expected to be cast in a production of OUR TOWN, and am thrilled that I have been!  I adore Mrs. Gibbs and happy to bring her to life with this production.

I remember seeing bits of the 1940s movie version on the late show growing up, but it was usually the cemetery scenes and they were a bit creepy, I thought.  I'm so happy to find out that it's not creepy at all, and rather a hoot!  It also turns out that I have more in common with the play than I thought.  I grew up in New York but spent 6 summers at sleep away camp in New Hampshire (Campt Birchmere in Antrim, to be exact).  I remember going to Sunapee every summer to the Craftman's Fair and climing to the very top peak of Mount Monadnock at the age of nine!  Those summers were the best of my life and I can't imagine a better backdrop of my youth than New Hampshire.

[Editor's Note: we asked all the cast and crew to answer a few questions about the play, including favorite birthday, old-time treat, and profession in the town they'd like to attempt.]

The question of which profession in Grover's Corners that I'd like to try?  None.  I adore taking care of my husband and children and my lovely home.  I can't imagine anything else.  Have you seen the heliotrope growing in my garden?  That doesn't just happen on its own, you know!  Stop by and smell it when you're in the neighborhood and stop in for a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment