Wednesday, September 19, 2012

OUR TOWN Q&A with Lynn Berg

Over the coming weeks, we're blogging about the talented team assembled for OUR TOWN, running Oct. 17-27. Get your tickets now and for more about the show, visit www.tictheater.com.

OUR TOWN Q&A with Lynn Berg* (playing Simon Stimson--choir director, town drunk)

1. Of all the occupations in Grover's Corners, which would you most like to attempt?

I’d want to be a reporter for the Grover’s Corners Sentinel. I’ve always been interested in journalism and I like reading local papers in whatever town I visit. I even read the Queens Courier sometimes. When I was 12 my family moved from the big city of Dubuque, Iowa (pop. about
62,000 at the time) to the small town of Bellevue, Iowa (about 2,000 people at the time) and one of the sections that fascinated me in the local paper, the Herald Leader, was a section where people reported about parties they had, who visited them, trips they went on, etc. I always wondered who even cared who these people had dinner with, not realizing that I did, apparently. I don’t think the paper has that section anymore but now we have Facebook.

2. If you were making a time capsule of your life to put in a cornerstone, which 3 items would you include?


I’d want my time capsule to have a photo album of my different (often embarrassing) hairstyles, a recording of one of my old radio programs called “Closet Classics,” and one of my homemade comic books drawn when I was a kid. Actually, I wish I had all that stuff right now!

3. Our tag line for the show is "A Sweet And Tart Slice of Small Town Life." If we made a kind of pie in tribute to your character, what kind of pie would you be?


I think Simon Stimson’s tribute pie should be a bourbon pecan pie. I've never had it, but it sounds delicious. Here's the recipe: http://piemaven.com/liquor_pie.htm

www.lynnberg.com
*Appears courtesy of Actors Equity Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment