Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Proustian Questionnaire: THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE, April 4-13

Hello TIC supporters, cast, crew and fans,

We have two productions this spring: THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE and our 9th ever SPRING PLUS ONE SOLO SHOW FESTIVAL.  All tickets are $18 and are available at www.tictheater.com/upcoming.html.  Both shows will be performed at the Bridge Theatre @ Shetler Studios (244 West 54th Street, 12th Floor, NYC).

We will be featuring each cast and crew member in a series of blog posts over the coming weeks, so check out www.tictheater.com/blog.phpwww.tictheater.com/blog.php regularly, look for posts on www.facebook.com/tictheaterwww.facebook.com/tictheater.

To kick things off, I've answered a few of our Proustian questionnaire queries... read on!

1. Tell me about your role in THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE.
I'm the producing artistic director of Tongue in Cheek, so I'm involved in a lot of behind-the-scenes, make-it-happen stuff,  from booking space, fundraising, scheduling, prop-procuring, marketing...

I'm also acting in the show, playing the character of office manager "Beth."  Beth loves order, she loves manuals, she loves every small task to which she is assigned and she loves to tell others exactly what to do.  She might just be the most annoying person you'll ever met, but I happen to love to keep lists, so I get her.

2. What's your favorite line or moment in the show, and why?
So many to pick from!

... I love the actor Joe Mullen's 3 roles, "Drake," "Jake" and "Blake," who are all writers who the play's protagonist, Edna, dates.  Each cultural reference he makes (Milan Kundera to Dove bars) makes me laugh and cringe simultaneously.

Shelley Little, who plays our smartly sassy herione "Edna," growls at my character in one scene.  I don't know how I'm not going to laugh when she does.

A.J. Heekin, who plays Edna's co-worker, "Wilson," has all these funny outbursts of words and sounds: his photocopier sound has a "CHUBBA CHUBBA!" bit to it, and I love hearing it. 

Jeremy Patrick Hamilton plays Edna's older brother, "Buddy," and I love when they dissolve into lovingly insulting each other (he calls her "fat hands").

3.  In THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE, an afternoon snack is meticulously prepared in a brown paper bag.  Describe your perfect afternoon snack.
I would have to have a small baggie of Chex Mix (frankly, I just like the salty pumpernickel rounds) and my imaginary snack bag preparer would peal and section out an orange for me (also in an small baggie).  Finally, I would definitely want a moist toilette to clean my fingers after the salt and the sticky orange.

And, if this were the perfect snack bag of my youth, there would be a toy or some other item in there.  Stickers featuring penguins and a brand-new Silly Putty?  Or a piece of Bazooka gum for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment