Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Pre-Show Intermission (in Prague!)

We have a big week ahead, with the start of our 2013 season:

The Mistakes Madeline Made (Thur 4/4-Sat 4/6 & Wed 4/10-Sat 4/13).  Tickets
Spring Plus One Solo Show Festival (Sun 4/7 and Mon 4/8).  Tickets

Normally the weekend before we load into the theater, I am fretting, buying last minute props and rehearsing transitions.  Happily, this time around I'm taking a sort of pre-show intermission.
Czech's answer to TIC's mascot, Harold.

Composer and TIC sound designer (and my husband) Philip Rothman is working this weekend in Prague, working with  a composer and a Czech orchestra to record music for a feature-length documentary, and he invited me along.  I was just over at the concert hall watching them record, and it was a pretty cool sight to behold.

And then I wandered off, down a cobblestone street, admiring the art nouveau architecture and eventually settling in at a cafe to drink an enormous cup of coffee and people watch.  Tomorrow we fly back and Tuesday, we'll be loading in, focusing lights and tech-ing our shows.  So I am going to enjoy every last minute of this trip.

Hope wherever you are this Sunday, you are taking a break and enjoying your respective holidays.  Can't wait to see you later this week at our shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment