Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Q&A with Plus 1 Solo Show Fest's Lynn Bixenspan

The spring 2014 Plus 1 Solo Show Festival features five 20-minute solo works and musical guest Todd Kramer.  The festival line up:

  • Unmolested? by Lynn Bixenspan
  • Lucky Chick by Felicity Seidel
  • Solo Show by David Meyers
  • My Unsexy Life as a Wall Street Analyst by Yangyang Guo
  • Sleep Well by Glynn Borders

The festival runs for 2 shows, May 11 and 12 at 8 PM at The Bridge Theatre.  There is an intermission. Purchase $20 tickets online or by phone at 212-868-4444.

Lynn Bixenspan, 'Unmolested?'
We are delighted to include in our line up the talented, funny storyteller Lynn Bixenspan.  We asked her a few questions, and she answered!

Who or what inspired you to write your solo show?
I took a storytelling class with Kevin Allison and he was kind enough to put my story about finding pron and false molestations accusation on his RISK! podcast.  It encouraged me to do more and coming out as an Older Weird (now Ex-)Virgin felt cathartic.

Our mainstage show, Buffalo Heights, takes place in a fictional high school.  What was your high school yearbook persona?
High school awesomeness.
I dyed my hair and was thus accused of being a witch who went up onto my roof to make it rain.

I always had great friends, though.  See black & white pic from that time of my life.

Dream big and tell us what you would like to do with your solo show next.
I'm actually writing a book proposal for it now!  Maybe a screenplay.  I don't know, is that the height of narcissism?  I want to grow up to be the next Joss Whedon, so maybe I'll add some vampires and Chinese curse words into my life story.



No comments:

Post a Comment