Tuesday, September 29, 2015

@LakeDevine: actor Andrew Spieker plays 'Kris Berry' in THE INN AT LAKE DEVINE

We're delighted to have actor Andrew Spieker in the leading role of 'Kris Berry' in The Inn at Lake Devine.  'Kris' is the middle child in the Berry family, whose Vermont inn is the focal point of the story, and Spieker brings a lot of wit and warmth to his scenes.

The play with music runs for 16 performances, October 7-24, 2015 @ 7:30 pm (matinee on Sunday, October 18 @ 2:30 pm) at Theatre 54 @ Shetler Studios, 244 West 54th Street, 12th Floor.  The show runs 2 hours and 15 minutes with an intermission.  Tickets: $18 at www.tictheater.com and 212-868-4444.

Our Q&A with the actor, below.

Mushrooms: Yes or no?
Spieker channels an Outsider.
Yes, indeed. I love creminis and shiitakes (no canned 'shrooms, though!).  Cooking is a hobby of mine.  I almost went to culinary school about five years ago.  Mushrooms also have a number of health benefits (Google it!).

Favorite song from the 60s or 70s?
"Runaround Sue" by Dion (I can't help but boogie down when that one comes on). "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King (I loved the movie in the 80s and the great soundtrack, too!).

Favorite coming of age story?
As I mentioned previously, the movie "Stand By Me" is probably my favorite coming of age movie.  It came out in 1986 and I was just a little younger than the four boys in the story.  (My mom was not happy when she found out we rented a rated R movie!) Great flick, though.

My favorite coming of age book would probably have to be To Kill a Mockingbird, The Outsiders, Harry Potter, Tuck Everlasting, and Lord of the Flies.

The show opens in just over a week, so get your tickets now!

No comments:

Post a Comment