Friday, October 2, 2015

@LakeDevine: Molly Ballerstein Wears Many Hats for THE INN AT LAKE DEVINE

Molly Ballerstein is what we call a hyphenate in the creative world: a gifted director, producer, writer, dancer, and stage manager, among other talents.  She's wearing several hats for the world premiere production of The Inn at Lake Devine, including associate producer, assistant director and stage manager.

The play with music runs for 16 performances, October 7-24, 2015 @ 7:30 pm (matinee on Sunday, October 18 @ 2:30 pm) at Theatre 54 @ Shetler Studios, 244 West 54th Street, 12th Floor.  The show runs 2 hours and 15 minutes with an intermission.  Tickets: $18 at www.tictheater.com and 212-868-4444.

We asked Molly a few questions...

The play is about vacation destinations... where would you like to go next?
A hat, on Molly Ballerstein
I have been itching to go to Scotland for years. I've worked on 3 productions that have gone to the Edinburgh Festival, but never managed to go over myself. In addition, I have Scottish ancestry and would love to see the places my family emigrated from. Based off the pictures I've seen, once I go over, I might never come back!

Favorite trip you took as a kid?
My family didn't take a lot of trips, but every summer we would go camping.  Once year, when I was probably around 5 or 6 years old, we stayed on Cape Cod.  This is the first time I remember smelling and seeing the ocean; it was breathtaking.

Mushrooms: yes or no?
YES!  I absolutely would eat anything protagonist 'Natalie Marx' cooked with mushrooms, and enjoy long walks with 'Karl Berry' in the woods, picking mushrooms. 

We open on Wednesday, October 7, so get your tickets now and see our entire team's beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment