Wednesday, September 9, 2015

@LakeDevine: Jennifer Dorr White plays 'Ingrid Berry' in THE INN AT LAKE DEVINE

Jennifer Dorr White is an all-around lovely person and very talented actor, charged with playing 'Ingrid Berry' in The Inn at Lake Devine. Ingrid is a crucial player in the story, sending an incendiary letter to the Marx family at the start of the play.

The play with music runs for 16 performances, October 7-24, 2015 @ 7:30 pm (matinee on Sunday, October 18 @ 2:30 pm) at Theatre 54 @ Shetler Studios at 244 West 54th Street, 12th Floor.  The show runs 2 hours and 15 minutes with an intermission.  Tickets: $18 at www.tictheater.com and 212-868-4444.

We asked Jennifer a bit about herself and the role of 'Ingrid.'  Read on...

How would you describe your character, 'Ingrid Berry'?
Jennifer Dorr White
I should preface this by saying that my mother was not anti-Semitic in any way!  But the character of 'Ingrid Berry' reminds me of her when she was in a particularly disapproving mood.  She always preferred to see me in a comedy, so when I find a comic moment that basically comes from channeling my mother's behavior, it feels a way of paying tribute to her.  I wish she were here to see this play--I know she would have enjoyed it!

The play is about vacation destinations--where would you like to go next?
For Labor Day weekend, I went to one of my favorite places in the world--a cottage by a lake!  When I was a child, my family rented various cottages on a beautiful lake in New Hampshire and my father has started doing it again in recent years.  I love to go up there, because it brings back so many childhood memories--I feel as if the air is just different--I love it so much, and it means even more to me when I have this play on my mind.

Mushrooms: yes or no?
I think mushrooms are delicious, although I don't cook with them very often these days because my son doesn't like them.  In Wisconsin, I've enjoyed a fantastic wild mushroom called a morel ... but I will do my research on the gathering techniques before I eat them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment