Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Seeking Solo Shows by Fri 2/22 for Plus One Fest!

Tongue in Cheek Theater is seeking 20-minutes (or shorter!) solo shows for its 9th Plus One Solo Show Festival, which will run April 7 & 8, 2013 at 8 pm at The Bridge Theatre. 

Submissions are due by Friday, February 22 at midnight.  Read more about our submission guidelines now.

If you're already really excited about this fest, well, buy your tickets now. 

What are we looking for, you ask?  I read every submission personally and I am drawn to personal stories that find the humor in something that really happened to the solo show artist.  Let me know if you've ever done the piece before, or if it's relatively new (this is a good thing--we want to fill the house with your friends and fans!). 

Past solo shows have included an excerpt of My Salvation Has a First Name by gifted comedienne Robin Gelfenbien, the smartly revealing Dirty Paki Lingerie by Aizzah Fatima (which she later took to Edinburgh Fringe), Call Me by the hilarious Kath Williams (which morphed into 2012 FringeNYC favorite Choosing the Chosen), and more than two dozen others. 

And if you have submitted in the past, please re-submit.  Every single time we do a call for submissions, there are so many that I loved that I couldn't include... but want to see done in the future!  In nearly every festival, I have included a work that was submitted previously.  So put your materials in an e-mail and send them off to me by Friday at midnight.  I can't wait to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment