Sunday, February 10, 2013

Amazing Auditions, Snow and All

I have always loved the expression, "The show must go on."  It captures the spirit of theater people: tape up that ripped seam, get that actor some Tums, and then go out there and give it your all.

So when news reports of Nemo started to threaten our Saturday, February 9 auditions for THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE, I was nervous.  But also hopeful: if the snow could hit on Friday and if Saturday the subways would still be running, I wanted the show, and thus our auditions, to go on.

Here's the thing: we received over 1,000 submissions from actors for this show.  Friendly notes, beautiful faces, accomplished resumes.  We could only offer about 8% of those submissions audition slots.  I wanted to see as many of these talented people as possible and get our show going. 

In my e-mail re-confirming, I wrote, if the subways are running, and you are able to join us, we would love to see you.

Saturday morning (was this really just yesterday?)  I looked out the window at a gorgeous sight: clear skies.

At auditions, the conditions were even better: brilliant auditioners.   The day flew by.

So now we deliberate, and in the coming days we will extend offers to our official cast of THE MISTAKES MADELINE MADE.  But first: I wanted to take a moment to recognize these wonderful people who submitted and came out to audition for us yesterday.  Thank you for embodying the notion that the show WILL go on.  I love you for it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment